Tandridge Priory is an exceptional Grade II listed country house, set within 24 acres of glorious gardens, lakes and woodland.
Approached through electric gates along a gravelled driveway, a magnificent country home boasting almost 9000 square feet of accommodation set within 24 acres of glorious gardens, lakes and woodland.
HISTORY Tandridge Priory was originally a hospital founded 1189-99 becoming an Augustinian Priory in 1218, dissolved in 1538. There are now no remains of the priory apart from a fragment of 14th century capital from a window which is preserved at the modern house and on the brow of the hill beyond the ponds are some large masses of unwrought stone and a piece of cornice.
Although the name survives for the house there, the original building has completely disappeared and only its chain of fish ponds for use on meatless days remains. A true walk back through local history the property is of significant importance and will remain so for years to come.
PRINCIPLE RESIDENCE The property is entered via a grand reception hall leading to a double aspect drawing room, family room with open fireplace, billiards room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, two utility rooms and two cloakrooms.
There is a cellar boasting a gym area and a wine store.
The first floor comprises two large landing areas that are spacious enough for additional family living areas, double aspect master bedroom with en suite bathroom, a second bedroom with ensuite and a further double aspect bedroom.
WING This dwelling comprises entrance lobby, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, utility room and cloakroom. On the first floor there are four double bedrooms, two with en-suites.
COTTAGE The cottage also provides self contained living accommodation comprising refitted kitchen, sitting room, bathroom and two/three bedrooms.
STAFF APARTMENT A self contained flat with double bedroom, kitchen, living room and bathroom.
GROUNDS The property benefits from a quadruple garage block, garden store and seven stables. The secluded gardens and grounds of just over 24 acres include a number of paddocks, three fishing lakes and ancient woodland.